background

Thursday, June 17, 2010

two gifts



Sorry about the inverted writing, I don't know how to flip it. Mfan (grace of God in Nigerian) taught me about gifts today. I think over the course of my life, my gifts (particularly monetary to missions) have given me a sort of superiority complex- elevating me the giver to some lofty, vain position. Today a Nigerian sister, Mfan, gave me a shirt and the gift of humbling me. She asked if she could give me a gift and as I reflect on that she demonstrated humility rather than my typical appalling superiority complex. God, give me grace to be humble.

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful, Sister. Thanks for sharing this journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christina for sharing your journey. Our world is so small--"Open our eyes Lord, we want to see Jesus!" May God continue to use you to deposit an eternal measure of His love into many hearts. Can't wait to hear more! Love you!

    ReplyDelete